Tech report on crowdfunding platforms 2021
In the second report on crowdfunding platforms in the UK and EU, we dig into how alternative finance businesses use technologies and what challenges they face along the way.
You will discover insights on payment reconciliation and user identity verification on crowdfunding platforms. Besides, you will learn how platforms use blockchain, implement sustainability practices and what challenges they face with customer acquisition.
As technology is the driving force that makes crowdfunding and alternative finance spheres accessible and transparent to a broader audience, the deep investigation of thecrowdfunding platform technical side makes this report unique.
Platforms can use the information about crowdfunding tech we included in the report to see the perspectives and new practices for improvement.
The report gives an overview of:
- crowdfunding platforms by business model, user types and sector;
- the dependence between regulatory authorisation and crowdfunding platform type and its country of operation;
- software in use;
- client money management and KYC verification;
- marketing challenges and sustainability practices implemented by platforms;
- blockchain usage and advanced tech features.